Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Nile (Tues. 23/6/09)

I'm running out of time (internet cafe), and I've only been giving highlights! We really jam our days so full of stuff! The need is so great here, but it is very tiring.

We took the kids from the Home to the Nile River today... a little fieldtrip for them. Of course Shafiga was my partner. Right when she got on the bus, she sat in my lap and opened the small pocket of her little backpack. She handed me a letter she had written me on a scrap of paper she had found around the house. "Auntie, I spelled your name right. Auntie, I spelled your name right!" She was so proud that she had written "Ant Brita" on the letter (haha got my name right but missing the "u" in aunt!). Now remember this is a 1st grader...she wrote me a whole letter about my name, that she loved me, and asking me if I loved her and God. My eyes started tearing up, and now they are again just typing this! Director Sherry said she had to have done it on her own because they have paper at the Home, but it was written on the back of some packaging directions. That letter means so much to me. I told her I do love her and God. She is my little angel. I thank God for her. Oh and I was asking Sherry for more of her story, and when she originally came to the orphanage she was Muslim. Now she is a proud Christian and she literally glows when she gets to share her faith with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment